Monday, January 3, 2011

About Me

As a part of telling you about us, I would like to share our purpose, passion and what we plan to do here on our Blog.
My name is Joey Lunsford.  In 1990 at the age of 42 my physical condition had deteriorated to the point that I could not go more than 2 to 3 hours a day.  I was so washed out that I could not do anything the rest of the day.  I knew that I needed to do something about this. 
 
Neglect
For the previous 10 years I had neglected to take care of my body.  My idea of breakfast was to stop at the local convenience store and get some sweet cakes and a carton of milk.  My food throughout the day was a mixture of fast foods and more sugar.  My intake of water had been very little for several years.  I drank 10 to 20 soft drinks and or sweet tea each day.

Reality
I am not anti-Doctor or anti-Drug.  However, if I had gone to a doctor and not revealed my bad habits for the previous 10 or more years, who knows what they may have found wrong with me.   Most all the traditional medicine practitioners seem to want to do surgery and prescribe drugs.  Allopathic doctors do not want to go down the road of detoxification, supplementation, and various alternative therapies.   Hence,  my quest for good health. 

Looking Back
Growing up in the early 50’s and 60’s we were a family of 12 and very poor.  Mama was the doctor most of the time unless we broke a bone or got pneumonia or worse.  Then we might get to go to the doctor.  Back in the old days, the pioneers were practical-minded people. They knew how to make-do with what they had. They combined folk remedies from centuries earlier in other lands, with herbal formulas borrowed from the Indians.  Mama had learned a lot of these remedies and helped keep us healthy.

At age 62, I can do most anything I want to.  I have done hard physical work with 20 to 40 year olds and have had only a handful of them to keep up with me at a hard pace for 8 to 10 hours straight.

Passion:

After my astounding results through research and application, it is my desire to share this information with everyone.  Many of the topics discussed on this website are from my personal experience from nutrition, to colds, flu virus, sinus problems, stomach problems, kidney stones, joint pain, gall bladder discomfort, bacteria, fungus, digestive, throat problems, colon, headaches, ear infections, heartburn, anti-oxidants, detoxification, supplements and various alternative therapies.

Vision:

In today’s economic dilemma, it is our hope that we can share information that will help those who cannot afford expensive health care.  Through natural remedies they may experience better health.
Disclaimer:
The information in this article or any links in this article should not be considered medical advice.  Any information in this article or from any link in this article is not meant to treat, diagnose or prescribe or cure any ailment or disease.  You should always check with your physician before taking any products or following any advice you have read on YourHomeRemedy.blogspot.com.  Holistic remedies and certain herbs may not be suitable to take if you are pregnant or nursing and should be cleared by your doctor before use.

No comments:

Post a Comment